Saturday, August 16, 2014

Training -- Friday 15/08/2014

Bench Press/Pull Ups

10x20kg/10xBW
5x40kg/10xBW
3x60kg/8xBW

Using the other uni gym, ie the one that looks so much better, but I never go to it because of reasons. I discovered that the benches here are horrible. Bench itself is too squishy and too low to the ground, and the bar height options are about a foot apart, meaning you either need to have the arms of the average 4 year old, or have longer arms than me, in order to have any chance of setting up appropriately. So, when it came time for actual work sets, I decided to call it quits. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Decline Bench Press/Pull Ups

6x20kg/8xBW
6x40kg/6xBW
6x50kg/6xBW

The last time I did a decline bench press of any variety was in 2009. Maybe even earlier. I remember it feeling much more awkward than this did. This felt better than using the flat benches in this gym. I didn't want to load up with it, though, as there are no safeties on the bench, and if I fail on this, I certainly can't roll the bar to safety.

Incline DBBP/Cable Row

2x8x17.5kg/10x59kg -- These gyms have the weirdest weight increments on their rowing machines.

Push Press/KB Row

5x20kg/8x18kg
5x30kg/8x22kg
5x40kg

No comments:

Post a Comment

For reasons that are beyond me, I like to hear what people think, so please leave a comment and let's work together to trick random passers-by into thinking this blog is actually popular.