Monday, January 14, 2013

Training -- Mon 14/01/2013

Bench Press

10x20kg
5x35kg
3x45kg
3x10x55kg -- First set was the hardest. No wonder, I wasn't driving with my legs during it. I remembered leg drive on my second and third set, and then magic happened.

CGBP

3x10x37.5kg -- This went better than last week. Still slaughtered my triceps, as one would expect. Still resulted in me feeling very emasculated when I did overhead triceps extensions later.

Pull Ups

2x10xBW
7xBW

Fat Gripz Rows

8x30kg
5x40kg
3x8x50kg

DB Curls


2x30x5kg -- First set was my usual standing DB curls, rotating from hammer grip to supine throughout the movement. Second set, at Coach's recommendation, was 10 incline curls, 10 standing hammer curls and 10 standing supine curls without rest between. Fun little tri-set, and it definitely pumped up my arms.

Incline curls. These are good for getting a greater stretch on your biceps.
I've heard stretching and contracting is good.
Hammer curls. I don't smile much while I'm curling, although I might grimmace.
I was probably using about as much weight as this model is using. Sadface.
 
Regular supine curls. Supination is one of the big things that the biceps do,
so these (and straight bar curls) are good for getting a solid contraction at the top.


Standing Tri-Ext


5x5kg -- Devastating
40x2.5kg

Band Pull Apart

15
20

No comments:

Post a Comment

For reasons that are beyond me, I like to hear what people think, so please leave a comment and let's work together to trick random passers-by into thinking this blog is actually popular.