Friday, December 14, 2012

Smolov Jr, Day 7 -- Fri 14/12/2012

Okay, you can pull out the "I told you so" banners now. Squats went just fine. Bench press, not so much.

Squats

2x10xBW
10x20kg
3x50kg
3x70kg
1x90kg
8x4x105kg -- Legs were good, back and abs were good, chest was up, all reps completed successfully. However, I constantly felt like the bar might collapse behind me at any moment, because my upper arms were feeling the dull pain and weakness that caused me to stop bench press early on Wednesday. Fortunately, my arms didn't stop me from squatting or cause me to fail, but, in an unusual turn of events, today it felt like I genuinely could have failed my squats due to my arms giving out. Between each warm up set, I did a lying shoulder extension to activate my lower traps.

Bench Press

2x5x20kg
5x40kg
3x55kg
1xFx70kg -- The bar went down onto my chest on the first rep, and that was the end of heavy benching for me today. Upper arms completely gave out. I felt like the 40kg 14yo boy who goes in and tries to lift 100kg on his first day in the hopes that he'll somehow be successful at it and look like a strong legend instead of a 40kg 14yo.

This was me.


Incline Bench Press

2x10x20kg -- And then I decided screw this, I'm going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For reasons that are beyond me, I like to hear what people think, so please leave a comment and let's work together to trick random passers-by into thinking this blog is actually popular.