Monday, December 10, 2012

Smolov Jr, Day 5 -- Mon 10/12/2012

I've spend Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday away on church camp, and have most assuredly set back my cut by a week along the way. Oh well, it's December, the worst time of the year to be cutting. I under-slept over Friday and Saturday nights, and when I got home on Sunday I got to sleep around 10:30pm, then woke up at about 9:30am today, feeling like I could go another round. But, I had to get myself out of bed so that I could get to the dentist...and so that I could find out how to get to the dentist, since this was my first visit with this practice. Before heading over to the gym at about 1:15pm, I dropped in at the local grocer and bought a little popper of Musashi P30 to have as my pre-workout/breakfast. First time I've ever had it. Not something I'd normally spend money on, but it actually tasted pretty good and was smooth, unlike any protein powder I've mixed up at home.

I'll take my promotional royalties now, thankyou very much.

Squats

15 banded pull ups
10xBW (no sleeves)
5 pull ups
10xBW (sleeves)
10 pull ups
10x20kg
5x40kg
3x60kg
1x80kg
6x6x95kg -- The weight went up much better than the first day I tried 6x6 at 95kg. My quads weren't entirely happy about doing work though. They got some foam rolling afterwards, to punish them for complaining. No injury issues.

Bench Press

10x20kg
5x30kg
3x40kg
1x50kg
4x6x60kg
5x60kg -- There was simply no power coming out of my upper body on the 6th rep, so it came an inch up, then changed its mind.
6x60kg -- And then my bench press was back to normal.

Assistance Work

Cable Row/Hyperextension/DB Curl/Calf Raise (circuit)
2x14x50kg/15/10x10kg/12x280lb

No comments:

Post a Comment

For reasons that are beyond me, I like to hear what people think, so please leave a comment and let's work together to trick random passers-by into thinking this blog is actually popular.