Monday, December 3, 2012

Smolov Jr, Day 2 -- Mon 03/12/2012

My quads have been like jelly all Sunday. Standing hasn't been too bad, sitting hasn't been too bad, the place in between has been pure evil, walking has been with the finesse one would expect from a car crash victim learning to walk again. Quads were feeling slightly better today. They manned up a lot when I started warming up for the squat, but I only did 3 working sets instead of the full 7. I was concerned in my previous post that I may have injured my quadriceps. I'm pretty sure there's a muscle tear there now, but I don't think it's my quads, I think it's my sartorius. I stopped squatting prematurely to give that a chance to not get reinjured.

The swollen hot spot is right about where sartorius crosses over vastus intermedius above.
Un-fun fact: vastus intermedius is a deep quadricep muscle, and is covered superficially by the rectus femoris,
which is the only quadricep muscle that is both a knee extensor and  a hip flexor.

Squats

3x5xBW -- First two sets holding onto the rack and hating every second of it. Third set not so bad.
2x5x20kg -- First set kinda awkward, second set getting a better flow and more comfortable.
5x40kg
3x60kg
1x80kg
3x5x90kg -- Felt fairly good, but again I stopped early to reduce the risk of reinjury (if I was really smart I'd just be doing high rep, light squats for rehab). I was slower on my reps than on Saturday, as a preventative measure.

Bench Press

1x8 Pull Ups
2x5x20kg
5x30kg
3x40kg
1x50kg
7x5x60kg -- Thankfully, this is still going ahead smoothly.

Assistance Work

Band Pull Apart/DB Curl
15/15x7.5kg
10/15x7.5kg

Foam Rolling and Stretching
Quads, glutes, hamstrings, calves, lats, thoracic

Decline Sit Up/Side Bend
8xBW/8x15kg
8x5kg/8x15kg

Now that I've cooled down, I imagine that when I go to get up after typing this my legs will revert back to their jelly-like state.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For reasons that are beyond me, I like to hear what people think, so please leave a comment and let's work together to trick random passers-by into thinking this blog is actually popular.